Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First post in 2011

Happy New Year everyone, May this New Year bring many opportunities your way to explore every joy in life and may your resolutions for the days ahead stay firm, turning all your dreams into reality and all your efforts into great achievements.

It has been a while since my last post. I have been busy here and there.... I want to talk about a book I just ordered from amazon. I haven't gotten the book yet but I saw it at the library. That's why I decided to buy it. I got a good deal from Living Social Deal.I bought a $10.00 amazon gift card, but it was worth $ 20.00. It was such a great deal.
Ok, back to the book, if you want to learn to bake anything from scratch, you should buy this book. The title is : Rose's Heavenly Cakes.

Rose's Heavenly Cakes


If you are looking for a good book to read, I have a recommendation. My sister in law gave me this book : Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. She said it was a good book. If you see the review from amazon.com, you will see hundreds of good comments about this book. I will let you know about it when I'm done with this book

Cutting for Stone

Last weekend, I baked a cake for a little boy who loves Pirates. Her mother brought me plates and cups that  were going to used at the party, so I tried to incorporate the theme onto the cake. I painted the bottom tier to look like the map of a pirate and the second tier was red and white with a Pirate flag hanging on the tier. On top of the cake was the Treasure Chest with coins coming out the chest. I hope he liked the cake... Happy Birthday Emiliano...
Here are the pictures of the cakes :












0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio