Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Here is my unfinished quilt!

As I promised before, I have finally finished my top quilt. I'm not quiet completely finished yet, I still have to finish putting it together. I'm still not sure on how to do the machine quilt and put the batting. I looked around and kept browsing until I finally found these two blogs  called  Sew Inspired and Crazy Mom Quilt. They both have basic tutorials that teach how to baste the quilt for beginners like me. I will try to follow their tutorial, and I will show you again how it looks.
Here is the picture of Dresden Plate from that I learn from the Missouri Star Quilt.

And the second picture is just a square pattern. The fabric is Kate Spain Fandango. I bought these charm packs from ebay, and they are great for a beginner to practice matching the squares together.



I have ordered more fabric from ebay from the Kate Spain collection for the back of the quilt. As soon as I receive the fabric, I will follow the instructions of Crazy Mom Quilt on how to baste the quilt.

Do you know Bakerella ? She will come again to San Francisco for another book signing.I missed the first book signing because I went to Indonesia to visit my mother. I'm so glad that she has decided to come back and have another book signing.. If you are in San Francisco on February 19, don't miss it. She will be in San Francisco  at the Chronicle Books Store at Union Street .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio