Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cakes and quilt

I got a call from a woman who wanted to order a cake for her friend's baby shower. She was an easy customer, she let me decide what to do with the cake and she handed the invitation to me. On the invitation there was a pea pod baby, so I was thinking of doing a pea pod theme with some ideas from a pink cake box too.  And here is the cake... I love this cake, the baby turned out very cute and I wanted it to be perfect, so I made it flawless...I'm happy with the result.



The butterfly cupcakes were for my son's teacher's birthday. He told me that his classmate planned a surprise birthday party for their teacher, so they decided to surprise her with red velvet cupcake and the colorful butterflies.

When I was browsing for a tote pattern at Etsy, I found a very cute pattern from Ali Foster Pattern. So I bought the pattern and used the fabrics that I bought from Joan. Here is the tote... What do you think ?
Ali has some patterns on sale, and the instructions and pictures are very clear.  I had hoped I could share the pattern with you, but I have to respect her policy...
I'm thinking of selling it to find money for Kids in Java who were the victims of the Mount Merapi Erruption last October.

I made a mistake on the handle but I will fix it on the next one..Promise!

And finally my sherbet pips are here... I bought it on ebay, so cheap! I won the bid for 2 charm packs for $. 14.25...Yay.. I will make another quilt after I'm done with my second quilt. I know....I know... I kept talking about finishing my second quilt. I will finish it before Wednesday.
My Sherbet Pips...

O another note, please donate to the Red Cross and help the people in Japan.. my prayers go to all the people in Japan who were effected by the Tsunami. 

4 comments:

Mie said...

Your cakes look so delicious ;_; But... so perfect at the same time. I wouldn't want to cut it..

Bec said...

Hi......I hope its ok that i contact you here.. YOU WON MY GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!! Pop back... You won a $50 Fat quarter voucher...email me!!! xx

Couture Carrie said...

Thanks for stopping by again, darling!
Your cake and cupcakes are so beautiful and fun ~ wow!

xoxox,
CC

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh my goodness...that cake is so amazing..You are truly talented:) Kisses, my dear

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio